My kindergarten cooperative teacher had this calendar, and I really love all the skills it facilitates - place value, estimation, problem solving, patterns, etc.
Is it worth $80 though?
Thanks for all the feedback on this one, #education. I ended up buying it for a few reasons that I will list below to justify the purchase in my mind:
- I’ve used it before (during student teaching) so I know not only that am I going to enjoy it, but also that it is going to be beneficial to my students.
- I don’t have an interactive whiteboard, so a physical calendar is necessary.
- My school starts on July 30th. I was unofficially offered the job yesterday, and I will be officially offered it tomorrow (a delay caused by a formality). Between finding an apartment, moving, and setting up my classroom, I simply do not have enough time to make my own before school starts, and I want to begin calendar instruction during the first week of school.
Thanks again for the feedback! As a first year teacher, it’s nice to hear some opinions on things I’m not certain about.
- allyoucaneatcancer likes this
- maximino5811 likes this
- answers2ourquestions answered: Anything for the children right? Its a positive feel
- tunedintoteaching answered: I agree with the others who mentioned you can make this yourself. I wouldn’t shell out that much for something you can customize and make.
- rachmullen answered: Yes! My mentor teacher had that as well and it was wonderful for the students!
- positivelypersistentteach answered: not if you could make it yourself!
- teachinginthemiddle answered: personally, i wouldnt drop the $ on it until you know you cant make it yourself & you know youll use it every day as part of your tchingstyle
- chopper-two-hopper answered: I used the same one and I liked it but I don’t think it’s worth the amount Lakeshore charges. Each section is easy enough to make though.
- mydiyk likes this
- mydiyk said: I would use laminated posters and pocket charts until you are sure that the cost is worth it. I was given one of these but found that i didn’t have the wall space to hang it. I also kept changing my calendar and felt that I couldn’t change the calendar.
- foryouaremyfate answered: Is there any way for you to make roughly the same thing? You’d probably spend less on supplies, although it would take some time to make. c:
- morangochocolatehotmailcom likes this
- seekelslearn posted this